P&O Ferrymasters Ltd.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Do you have a Transport Planning background within the logistics / transport sector? Would you like to make the next step in your career in an international transport and logistics company and get the best out of yourself and your colleagues? Then our vacancy for the position of Transport Planner can be your new challenge!
Experienced Transport Planner
(Europoort Rotterdam, fulltime)
The Transport Planner is responsible for a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved. The Transport Planner also maintains a correct and timely flow of communication between Customer Service and hauliers / drivers, in order to achieve optimal service and cost efficiency.
Key Responsibilities include
- Taking care of a correct settlement of all transport orders wherein P&O Ferrymasters client’s wishes / demands are central
- Combining loads to optimize cost efficiency, taking in account of loading / unloading areas, wishes / demands of clients, specific load characteristics and local / European regulations
- Ensuring haulage supply is utilised optimally within the agreed haulage rates and at the given service requirements
- Pro-actively communicating with drivers / hauliers / customer services in order to enhance an optimal service
- Making sure that all changes, delays, extra costs and / or calamities are communicated to the Customer Service Department, which will inform the customers. Reverting this information to drivers / hauliers
- Deciding which loads can be handled by our own fleet and which loads will have to be chartered, in order to enhance an optimal balance for own fleet
- Reducing “empty running” by combining loads and searching for repositioning loads
- Checking data after loading and comparing this data with booking details and communicating anomalies to the Customer Service department
Please note applications will not be taken into consideration if above requirements are not met.
- Educated to a minimum of MBO level or equivalent (preferably in logistics)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Good command of Dutch and English language is a must, German is preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Strong customer orientation and commercial drive
- Required Competences; IT literate, strong communication and cooperation skills, immunity to stress, accuracy, learning ability, integrity, responsibility, ability to quickly adjust, decisiveness and persistence
- Pleasant working environment in high quality office
- Attractive salary package which includes a 13th month
- Career possibility at a major international concern
As Transport Planner you will be part of a team highly dedicated and professional Transport Planners, who are responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. This high service level is achieved by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation, with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
Please send your application with a current CV and covering letter via the 'Apply' button.
Visit our website www.poferrymasters.com
Agency calls not appreciated
Job vacancy, Fulltime, Rotterdam, Logistics planner. ?