British American Tobacco
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
British American Tobacco
is looking for a Finance Accountant
to join our Benelux Corporate Finance team
. This position is mainly responsible for analysis of product costs for the cluster and involved in the local reporting processes. The Finance Accountant will be working together with several stakeholders besides the local finance team, being, among others, budget holders, shared service centers and external auditors.
The Finance Accountant is a member of the Corporate Finance Department and reports to the Corporate Finance Manager.
- Analysis of product costs for the cluster including Limited Risk Distributor entities. Creating transparancy and monthly governance
- Responsible for local reporting processes, ie timely, effective and complied with local tax and legal requirements
- Responsible for local VAT reporting processes, ie timely, effective and complied with local tax and legal requirements (VAT/CBS/BUA)
- Ensure regional/group reporting requirements are met timely and accurately
Operations/ Professional/ Business:
- Assist the Corporate Finance team in Forecasting and reporting: Prepare quality and timely reporting of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow in accordance with Group standards and timetables; Prepare the financial reporting of legal entities in BPC and HFM.
- Cost Control: Guarantee accurate and timely overhead cost control, incl planning, forecasting, actuals reporting and variance analysis
- Product costing analysis?Prepare monthly/Quartely Cost of Sales cause of change analysis, Forecast vs. Actuals with the commentaries for the variances
- Closely collaborate with the central Supply chain team/Consumer product manager and provide the recommendation on optimizing the product cost
- Understand and advise the financial impact of the product change (innovation, spec changes)
- Providing finance support to the brand team in the brand/SKU profitability analysis from cost perspective
- Deliver specific local requiremenst to be performed based on geographical location (e.g., tax statements presentations, information for workers council, etc.)
- Prepare local statutory financial reporting, ensuring consistency through a solid reconciliation process
- Ensure local coporate tax and VAT requirements are complied with efficiently
- Understand legal and taxation changes and manage impact on reporting
- CBS (Intrastat / ‘Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek’) reporting
- Insurance renewal data capturing
- Reporting for exports
- Excise banderol masterdata creation.
- Carry out back office tasks (e.g., documents relating to royalties, VAT, accounts reconciliations, etc.)
- Fullfill ad hoc requirements
- Manage special job assignments and projects determined by line manager;
- Optimise systems and work processes to drive productivity and/or growth;
- Assist in the improvement of KPI on the monthly Performance Dashboard
- Manage the governance around the product costing monthly/quarterly update of the relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain a proper control environment and ensure polices & procedures are aligned with BAT standards.
- Initiate regular meetings with budget holders, providing finance support in managing budgets and challenging the spend to ensure appropriate resource allocation;
- Demand discipline of self to raise standards and deliver stretch results, ensuring self and team meet targets, due dates and quality standards;
- Create an awareness of finance-related issues throughout the company to all staff;
- Initiate opportunities for growth and self-development
- Build a good multi-functional relationship both inside and outside the organisation to foster a positive image of our business and to improve efficiency of regulatory processes (e.g., audits);
- Develop effective peer working relationship across the rest of the functions.
- Keep dissent relationships with external stakeholders including, but notlimited to, tax authorities and Audit teams.
- Seek financial issues and opportunities for Group financial optimisation and Maximising cash and profits;
- Make recommendations for / supports development and improvement of the financial systems and processes to drive productivity and reduce costs;
- Actively contribute to the implementation of the Finance Transformation projects;
- Embrace and promote change, in particular the BeNeLux way of working;
- Identify opportunities to optimise tax and accounting policies and procedures using substance over form approach, but still provide full compliance with Statutory regulations
Essential requirements II. Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in finance positions
- Good command of English (spoken and written) is required
- Good command of Dutch (spoken and written) is prefered
- In-depth knowledge of financial software packages (SAP, HFM, BPC) and MS Office
- Excellent in time management, including the ability to meet deadlines with multiple projects in parallel
- Rigorous and attention to detail. Ability to anticipate problems, foresee timely solutions and adapt accordingly
- A strong sense of service in relation to both external and internal clients, in combination with strong team spirit
- Acknowledged and proven ability to manage routine tasks independently
- Openness, flexibility and pro active approach to adapt to a changing environment
III. Key Success Factors:• Ensure an accurate, timeliness and reliable financial information.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the finance planning tools to use it efficiently and to adapt it to new business needs.
- Keep self focused on key priorities by setting milestones to ensure things happen as planned
- Mobilise resources effectively to achieve objectives
- Develop effective peer working relationships within and across team especially with Marketing Finance and BASSE / BATCC.
Motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too. Employing company British American Tobacco Nederland B.V.
Removal Date 12-Oct-2016
For more information, visit our website (click on our logo).
Please reply through the button below.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.