Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As a Product Owner Warehouse Management System, you do everything in your power to coordinate and manage the integration, development and operational maintenance of the Coolblue Warehouse Management System. You help us manage the growth of our advanced logistics operations and most importantly, ensure we make our customers smile.
What you tell your friends you do
"Together with my team I implement the Warehouse Management System for Coolblue, the system that manages the successful warehousing and dispatch of every product we sell."
What you will really be doing
How will you be doing this?
- You coordinate and manage the integration, development and operational maintenance of the new external WMS that replaces our current Coolblue WMS.
- You create and refine epics and user stories together with your team and managing them in a backlog.
- You create a Big Vision for our WMS.
- You drive your team towards that vision with effective delivery.
- You decide whether an idea delivers enough value to become a story on your backlog.
- You break complex projects into smart minimum viable products, prototypes and iterations.
- You maintain the backlog related to WMS, and prioritize what needs to be done now, soon or never.
- You Say ‘no’ a lot, to make your ‘yes’ stronger - or in other words: managing stakeholders to facilitate successful delivery.
- You define the overall WMS project planning together with the overall Project Manager WMS, including requirements, development and testing, scheduling a phased roll out of features. Primarily using agile, but utilising non-agile techniques where necessary to create alignment.
- You write spot-on user stories, prioritize them and have refinement meetings with your team, so you can build a great product backlog related to WMS.
- You ensure that sufficient backlog is mature enough for the development team to continue its work effectively.
- You prioritize and decide which user stories have to be done now, tomorrow, or next month to ensure that the new WMS functionality is implemented on time.
- You analyze the performance of the WMS so that you can continuously improve it.
- You manage your stakeholders, to get the best ideas in and subsequently get everyone aligned for fast implementation.
- You work with the development team to balance the inclusion of both technical and functional aspects of the product on the backlog.
- You work together with your team(s) in any way necessary to help them deliver better, faster.
In total we have 18 Product Owners working at Coolblue. All with their own specific field of expertise. You work closely with your development teams and the stakeholders in the logistic teams. Hierarchically you report directly to Maarten, he is our Project Leader Operations and ultimately responsible for the WMS implementation.
Required experience and skills
- You're smart and have some way to prove it (e.g. you hold a Master’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration and/or Logistics).
- Experience in logistics or online retail is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as one of the following in an Agile environment (preferably scrum(-ish): Product Owner, Product Manager, Leader or Project Manager of large (IT) teams.
- Experience in implementing a WMS is preferred.
- Experience in a Waterfall environment is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner / CSPO is a plus.
- Proof of affinity with software development, scientific study or logistics is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator and good in posing probing questions to quickly and fully understand what someone’s talking about.
- You’re a fast learner, and comfortable hopping between different subjects.
- Individual must be extremely energetic and influence with a high level of conviction.
- Fluent in both English (as you will probably work with international developers) and Dutch (for logistics).
- To help you keep your money, we also chip in on your pension, pay for your travels and offer a discount on all the stuff we sell.
- Room for you to do things your way.
- Heartwarming help with the international relocation process from start to finish..
- Lots of things you can learn through our Coolcademy & skilled sparring partners.
- 25 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- We like to inspire your passion giving you the opportunity to visit events.
- An office in the heart of Rotterdam and an amazing warehouse in Tilburg so there's plenty to do when you're not at work.
- And yes, we also have the industry standard perks such as free beer, ping pong tables, great lunch, team activities and awesome parties