Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As a Senior iOS Developer you make sure our mobile app becomes the best e-commerce app in Europe.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure Coolblue is under your thumb and in your pocket.”
What you will really be doing
- Develop a brand new e-commerce application with a focus on customer amazement.
- Work together with team members to write Swift code.
- Research how cutting-edge developments in the iOS landscape can be used to improve our app and our development process.
- Evangelise and spread your Apps mentality to your colleagues.
How will you be doing this?
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner. You will receive immediate feedback from end users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- You improve the quality of the iOS code, ensuring a maintainable architecture.
- You actively coach team members and continuously provide them with constructive feedback.
You'll become part of the mobile app team: an agile, multidisciplinary team, currently consisting of six members. Each team member has his or her speciality: from iOS development to UX design. Your team will be supported by a Team Lead, Product Owner and a Scrum Master. With your team you will work on the ultimate goal: the best retail app in Europe, an awesome app that will put a smile on our customers faces.
What a day in the office might look like
You work with Hindrik on improving the code of the search controller. The code is a bit of a mess and you need to structure it to be able to add the scroll feature. Hindrik hasn't worked a lot with the MVVM pattern, so you can show him some options how to implement it and you discuss which one to apply to get the best result. Luckily, you get that done before lunch.
You’re surprised by the eating habits of Hindrik, who eats some sausages with mayonnaise for lunch (again). And he still manages to lose weight, that’s just unfair! You decide to get a sandwich with some of your colleagues.
After lunch you talk to Marijn about integrating the checkout of the website into the mobile app. He gives you a lot of useful information so you immediately plan a meeting with the team, to talk about different solutions. You also walk by Mike (Product Owner), so he knows about it as well.
At the end of the day, Fer calls the team together to do a team check. He finished adding customer reviews to the product page. You observe and ask him some questions. Everybody is happy with the result; it looks nice and works smooth. Because it’s friday, you all decide to go out and have a drink, success should be celebrated!
Required experience & skills
- You are smart and have some way to prove it.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an app developer and at least 3 as iOS developer.
- You're experienced when it comes to improving your colleagues craftsmanship and technical skills.
- You care about code quality.
- Scrum/Agile way of working is almost your second nature.
- You have deep understanding and proven experience building mobile apps at scale.
- You love to work as a force multiplier; to lift the productivity of the whole team.
- You have a lot of experience in developing mobile applications with TDD & BDD.
- You take pride in what you do, but welcome feedback.
- You are adaptable and don't mind stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- Willing to relocate to Rotterdam (or you are within daily travel distance).
- 25 leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you live abroad).
- Dutch language courses. To help you become a Rotterdammert.
- Over 30 courses at our own Coolblue University.
- Discount on a new bicycle. Because that's how we roll.
- A 10% discount on all of our products.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- An office at the best possible location. It's only a short stumble away from Rotterdam Central Station. Or a 2-minute walk.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks at our own bar, epic Coolblue parties, team activities, and an informal, playful office space.